Terminal 1 at Delhi Airport is just used as a domestic terminal, since it is only served by low cost carriers.
Present & future
Terminal 1 will be expanded and by thus increase its handling capacity up to 40 million passengers per year by 2021. Nowadays, many of its services have been relocated to Terminal 2: The plan is to expand the terminal and also to merge Terminal 1C and Terminal 1D into a single terminal in order to accommodate more passengers.
Transfer between terminals
In order to transfer between terminals, Delhi Airport offer free terminal transfer services to their passengers:
- From International to Domestic: There is shuttle service between the international and the domestic terminal evert 20 minutes.
- Between Domestic Terminals: Complimentary Golf cart service is available for passengers who may transfer from Terminal 1 concourses.
Delhi Airport Terminal 1 is distributed into 2 operative buildings: C and D.
- Terminal 1A: It is no longer functional since it was shifted to Terminal 3.
- Terminal 1C: Domestic Arrivals
- Terminal 1D: Domestic Departures, able to handle over 15 million passengers per year. It is a common use terminal equipment, which shares check-in counters, self-check-in counter and security channels.
- T1C: food, drink and retail concessions, currency exchange, ATMs, airline and tourist counters.
- T1D: ATMs, currency exchange, information counter, check-in station, smoking rooms, parents room and children play area, banks, currency exchange, internet zone and laptop station.
Delhi Airport Terminal 1 consist of three levels:
- Ground level
- First level
- Second level / Mezzanine level
Delhi Airport Terminal 1 is just served by domestic low cost flights.
See Airlines in Terminal 1
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures): Location: Terminal 1D, Airside, Level 2 / Mezzanine Level. Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures): Location: Terminal 1D, Landside. Opening hours: 24 hours.